I was in target last night with baby Ashlynn, when this random little girl wanted to talk and play with her. Okay.. Fine with me whatever Ashlynn loves older kids. Then her mom comes to me and asked me how old she was, we carried a small conversation for maybe 5 minutes. Then she asked me if I was African American...hmmm last time I checked I was. So I answered politely yes. Then she asked if I was from Africa...I literally looked around like, are there prank cameras around the corner? Did this lady really ask me if I was from Africa? Not that it bothered me but really? So I politely said no. Sooo she goes on to tell me that her brother and law is African American and he's from Africa. I guess in her eyes every African American is from Africa? (Yes, my ancestors trace back to Africa, I however am not fron Africa) But then again maybe I should stop saying I'm African American and just say I'm American with African descent... or just start saying I'm black..just sayin....
Whatever..