Thursday, April 5, 2012

Full time boob to part time bottle

This blog is for you mothers out there who need advice from going on full time boob to part time bottle.
My daughter was breast fed EXCLUSIVELY for two months. When it was time for my maternity leave to end, I knew I had to eventually wean her on the bottle.  So this means I need to pick different  bottles and let her choose which one she likes best. Sounds easy right? Not at all....my baby girl didn't not like NUK or breastflow or natural flow or Tommie tippy. She would suck for two seconds and then start gagging and crying. This was stressful for me because, even though I work at the day care she goes to, I am. Not always going to be able to leave my room to feed her. 

So what do I do?
Nothing...I gave up. But my then my husband came to the rescue. I spent almost 150 dollars on different bottles. My husband did his own little research online and found some ideas. So he disappears and runs to the store and comes home with these simple little bottles. I told him those wont work because according to my research, the base wasn't big enough so it wont be like she's breastfeeding. Plus, the package didn't say "mimics breastfeeding" or "helps with breast to bottle feedings". He told me to let him try the bottles he picked. So I did...and guess what...SHE TOOK IT LIKE A CHAMP!!! SHE LOVES THESE BOTTLES.

Its Gerber first essentials and its with the latex nipple. My husband picked up these simple affordable bottles and she loves them. I think she likes the latex too. Because at 9 weeks I gave her a latex binky to soothe her sucking needs and she loves those too!

So simple can be better :-)